Pokémon Forum
Welcome to the forum guest!! Would you like to log in or register? Administrators or Moderators will never ask you for your e-mail or password. If anyone asks or requests for your password, please notify an Administrator immediately, this means notifying through PM. While browsing this forum please enjoy!
Pokémon Forum
Welcome to the forum guest!! Would you like to log in or register? Administrators or Moderators will never ask you for your e-mail or password. If anyone asks or requests for your password, please notify an Administrator immediately, this means notifying through PM. While browsing this forum please enjoy!
Pokémon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Forum

Hello, If you need help ask a Moderator or Administrator anything! Members are allegeable to win free Pokemon, make new friends, post, and more! Please enjoy your stay.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  ChatboxChatbox  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Visit Showdown and go on Frost, Merciless League!
Save up your points to get free Pokemon up to version Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.
Post! Post! And post! Rank up to gain fame!
Stay connected to the news to see more updates!

Single Battle Strategies

Go down 
+5
Redlightning530
LudiYOLO
PoliSWAG
The Coordinator
Jellohamster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jellohamster
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator
Jellohamster

Game(s) : Diamond, Black, Black 2, Y
Reputation or Popularity number : 29
Location : King William, Virginia, U.S.A., North America (for some reason my I.P. adess says that I live in California)

battle - Single Battle Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:33 am

All your Single battle tequniques here!
Back to top Go down
http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/user/Jellohamster
The Coordinator
Administrator
Administrator
The Coordinator

Game(s) : Emerald, Diamond, SoulSilver, Crystal, Black, Black 2
Friend code(s) : 5287-0326-6656
Reputation or Popularity number : 35

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 pm

This is one strategy that can rip-apart unprepared teams. This Pokémon can only be stopped by scarfed Pokémon such as keldeo and even they must be alert. This Pokémon is known to us all as....Excadrill
This Mole with Metal claws is a huge threat  in the tier reigned by Legendary forces...the Uber tier. The reason why lies in his attack/ability/item and dreadful attack...Earthquake.

For starters Excadrill has a base attack stat of 405, scary right? If that wasn't scary enough then I should also tell you that when holding the choice band it can set off a devastating earthquake that destroys all, except those with levitate such as Darkrai. But for this reason Excadrill has coverge moves such as X-Scissors, Brick break and Rock Slide, enough to counter a lot of Uber forces such as Mewtwo, Darkrai, Ho-oh and in some cases the mighty Arceus himself. Excadrill usually needs someone to start a sandtorm, after this, beware...

This monstrous' mole's moveset you ask? Here it is

Excadrill @ Choice band
Trait: sand rush
Adamant nature
EV spread: 252 Attack / 252 Spe
Moveset of doom:
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- X-Scissors
- Rock slide

Use this set wisely for it is very cruel...I can't even look at it...

Last edited by The Coordinator on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemon-forum.forumotion.com
PoliSWAG
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
PoliSWAG

Game(s) : Sapphire, Black
Friend code(s) : Black:1636 4358 3986
Reputation or Popularity number : 86

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Wow!! Cool strategy and quite effective
Back to top Go down
https://pokemon-forum.forumotion.com/
The Coordinator
Administrator
Administrator
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Well thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
LudiYOLO
Administrator
Administrator
LudiYOLO

Game(s) : Pokemon: Blue, Emerald, FR/LG, D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B/W, Black 2
Reputation or Popularity number : 48

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:13 pm

This is a great, effective strategy that can be used in the UU tier and even in the . This is called Sub-Petaya Empoleon. Here are some of the numbers first:
Empoleon @Petaya Berry
Ability- Torrent
Nature- modest
EV spread- 252 Sp. Atk/4 Sp. Def/252 Spe
Moveset:
Agility
Substitute
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam/Grass Knot

Now you know the basics, its time for the strategy. So since empoleon has a mediocre base speed stat of a mere 60. this is where Agility comes in. Using agility just once boosts Empoleon's speed to a blistering 438 (with enough IV's of course). This lets Empoleon outspeed most of the UU and OU tier. After boosting, you can then use substitute a few times, depending on how much damage it has received, until it has lowered its HP to 25% or below. This is where the fun begins! The Petaya Berry which kicks in at 25% HP or below boosts Empoleon's Sp. Atk by 50% giving it around 530 Sp. Atk total (with apropriate IV's again). Now empoleon can begin to sweep teams with its STAB surf or Hydro Pump or the devastating Ice Beam. As an added bonus, Torrent kicks in at around 33% HP or less and gives a 50% boost to water type attacks making surf or hydro pump even more deadlier. This set is able to wreck any team, that doesn't wall it, at will once the slightly tedious set-up is complete. Hope you guys like it and enjoy sweeping! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLudiYOLO
The Coordinator
Administrator
Administrator
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 am

Nice strategy and it is for Empoleon as well! I will drop the sword dance Empoleon for a while to try out sub-petaya. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redlightning530
Newcomer
Newcomer

Reputation or Popularity number : 0

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:29 am

Today, I give you a completely original set: Mixed Scarf Samurott. I tested this bad boy up in OU, and it's really effective. With speed being its only mediocre offensive stat, it's clear that Choice Scarf is the way to go. Now, for the moveset:

Samurott (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd / 180 SAtk / 72 Atk
Naive Nature
- Superpower / Ice Beam
- Megahorn / Ice Beam
- Grass Knot / Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

As you can see, Samurott packs a number of base 120 attack moves, which can really dish out lots of damage. Hydro Pump makes for an extremely powerful weapon against most Pokémon in the rain. To illustrate Hydro Pump's power, I'll throw in a calc.
180 SpA Torrent Samurott Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Jirachi in rain: 267-315 (66.08 - 77.97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Samurott here also packs more than a deadly Water type move. Megahorn is here to utterly obliterate Celebi and bulky grass-types trying to tank Samurott's moves. Superpower is used to make sure that Blissey doesn't wall this set. The only choice you'll have to make here would be Grass Knot or Ice Beam. Grass Knot is used if Jellicent is a problem in your team, while Ice Beam is used to deal with dragons and Pokémon 4x weak to Ice. If you wish, you can let Ice Beam replace Superpower or Megahorn, for a little extra coverage. And before I go, I'll give you a few more calcs:

180 SpA Samurott Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 174-206 (43.17 - 51.11%) -- 58.98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

180 SpA Torrent Samurott Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew in rain: 366-432 (90.59 - 106.93%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Back to top Go down
Quillastillen
Quillastillen

Game(s) : All of them! :)
Reputation or Popularity number : 4

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:55 pm

For single battles, I like to have a entry hazard set up right at the begining to make it easier to OHKO. I usually use:
Entry Hazard:
This gives me fast set up, and access to multiple hazards depending on the situation.

I also use revenge killers a lot, and although some are better than others, it's a matter of preference/tier. Some sets I use are:
Revenge Killer Sets:
Now, I know that Zangoose is a glass cannon, but if he outspeeds the opp., he can pretty much OHKO everything with Facade, especially when there are entry hazards set up.

And occasionally, I'll use a weather-based Pokémon, which is usually this one:
Weather-Based Set:
Not the most used Dragonite set, but it works out great for me.

Finally, for an extra "POW", I use a very odd Pokémon:
Wobbu-Whaaat???:
Wobbufett is murderous. NEVER GET IN THE WAY OF IT. IT DESTROYS ALL!!!!!

There are a couple other strategies I use, but I'll keep those secret so if I battle anybody reading this, there will still be surprises in for them!
Back to top Go down
LudiYOLO
Administrator
Administrator
LudiYOLO

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Good Strategy Redlightning530 and good advice Quillastillen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Legend of EC
Legend of EC

Reputation or Popularity number : 0

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:18 am

I use these two Pokémon in OU all the time. Empoleon and Gliscor

Not only do these have perfect synergy but they complement each other very well. Empoleon's Great Special Defence and Gliscor's Great defence make it a great defence core.

Let's look at the weaknesses. Empoleon is weak to the ever so common Fighting,ground, and electric type attacks. With Gliscor in hand, he can easly take any fighting, electric, or ground attack aimed at Empoleon. Empoleon can also easly switch into any Ice or water attack aimed at Gliscor. They cover each other very well, and i feel it's often overlooked :[.

I just shared something I normally do so... Yeah.
Back to top Go down
USA1
USA1

Reputation or Popularity number : 1

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 pm

If you use assist in a single battle on a team with Choice Band/Scarf Spinda with a Victini with V-Create then Spinda can use V-Create. You can also give Ninetales Protect if you want drought boost

Back to top Go down
USA1
USA1

Reputation or Popularity number : 1

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Nice strategy Redlightning530
Back to top Go down
PoliSWAG
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
PoliSWAG

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 am

Great strategy Legend of EC!!
Back to top Go down
Mario's Food
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Mario's Food

Game(s) : Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver, White, Blac
Friend code(s) : 1636.5116.7516 (black2)
Reputation or Popularity number : 9

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm more into the Battle Subway, but this could also work online. I bred a Gengar with 3 coverage attacks of choice (I chose shadow ball, focus blast and thunderbolt), destiny bond and a focus sash.

The EV spread is simple:
4HP/252SpAtk/252Speed
Timid Nature

When you encounter the first Pokemon you take it out with one or two attacks, you'll survive almost any attack with your focus sash. if you think you can't kill the next Pokemon, you just use destiny bond and it's 2-1 for you. Very easy to win from there in most cases.
Back to top Go down
PoliSWAG
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
PoliSWAG

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 am

Great beginning strategy arcaKNIGHT
Back to top Go down
LudiYOLO
Administrator
Administrator
LudiYOLO

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Im gonna have to try that ArcaKNIGHT! that sounds like a killer strategy on the subway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mario's Food
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Mario's Food

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:34 am

I use that strategy, but be sure that your two last Pokemon cover eachothers weaknesses. I once took Arcanine and Garchomp and got killed by the third Pokemon, which was a starmie.
Back to top Go down
LudiYOLO
Administrator
Administrator
LudiYOLO

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:37 am

oh yeah good idea. im thinking maybe a lucario and a starmie to go along with gengar? maybe we'll see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mario's Food
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Mario's Food

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Here's a team I tried the battle subway with. I got to a 64-win streak in the super single train.
I caught/bred all the Pokemon myself, that's why they don't have perfect IVs.

Cloyster (lead)
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link (the only reason cloyster is good)
EV's: 4HP/252Atk/252Speed
IVs: 31/31/21/25/19/31
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Razor Shell

Shell Smash on the first turn, survive any hit thanks to your focus sash and proceed to sweep.(after one Shell Smash Cloyster oudspeeds the the fastest Pokemon in the subway: choice scarf Garchomp) If only it was that easy. About 2/3 of the battles that is the case, but sometimes you get bad luck or priority moves against you. That's where the other pokes come into play.

Terrakion
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Speed
IVs: 15/30/2/25/15/31
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Earthquake
X-Scissor

Terrakion even OHKOs Alakazam with Close Combat when he holds a choice band, so he can just wreck teams.

Hydreigon | Garchomp
Item: White Herb | Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate | Sand Veil
EVs: 4HP/252SpAtk/252Speed | 4HP/252Atk/252Speed
IVs: 31/19/30/31/21/31 | 31/31/31/27/30/31
Nature: Timid | Jolly
Moves:
Draco Meteor | Swords Dance
Dark Pulse | Dual Chop
Fire Blast | Earthquake
Surf | Fire Fang

Until 56 wins I used Garchomp, After a Swords Dance he can sweep most of the time. After 56 wins I decided that I needed a special attacker to handle physical walls when my Cloyster is dead. Hydreigon has a white herb for Draco Meteor and maybe moves like Scary Face or Struggle Bug.

I lost against a team of Vaporeon, Floatzel and Dewgong. He led with Vaporeon. First I used Shell Smash with Cloyster, then I killed his Vaporeon. He kills me next turn with Aqua Jet from Floatzel, I sent in my hydreigon and killed Floatzel with Draco Meteor, but not before taking a Waterfall which did about 1/4. Next comes Dewgong, his quick claw activated and he killed me. Didn't matter too much because Draco Meteor wasn't a OHKO, but I could've a critical hit. I Sent out my terrakion to OHKO it with Close Combat, but his quick claw activates again and he kills me with surf. The End
Back to top Go down
Mario's Food
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Mario's Food

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm thinking about
Aegislash (gen 6)
swords dance
shadow ball
flash cannon
kings shield
252HP/252Spatk

lure in a physical wall with swords dance and kill them with your special moves
Back to top Go down
Mario's Food
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Mario's Food

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:59 am

I've come up with a Dragonite set that I've never seen before. Breeding is significantly easier in Pokemon X and Y, but this still might take some time, because you'll need all 6 IVs at 31. It took me about 5 hours.

Dragonite @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Hasty (+speed, -defence)
EVs: 4Atk/252SpAtk/252Spd
Moves:
Hone Claws
Dragon Rush
Hurricane
Fire Blast/Focus Blast

The crux of this set is Hone Claws, it's boosts your accuracy and attack at the same time. All the moves on this set have shaky accuracy, but after one Hone Claws the accuracy of Focus Blast and Hurricane is 93%, which is pretty good, and the other moves are certain to hit.
Dragon Rush hits everything except Fairy and Steel types. Hurricane is another amazing STAB that hits fairy types. The last move is a toss-up between Fire Blast and Focus Blast. Both hit Steel types for super effective damage. With Fire Blast you get walled by Steel/Fire, Steel/Water, Steel/Rock and Steel/Dragon types. With Focus Blast you get walled by Steel/Fairy, Steel/Ghost, Steel/Poison, Steel/Bug, Steel/Poison and Steel/Psychic types.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Battle Strategies   battle - Single Battle Strategies Empty

Back to top Go down

Single Battle Strategies
Page 1 of 1